At MFR we offer two types of internships:
- The Undergraduate Associate Consultant Internship (UACI) program (full time summer and part-time school year) for college/university students
- The Graduate Student Consultant program for graduate school students (full and part time)
Both positions provide students with a structured introduction to MFR’s analytical tools and applications. There is a strong mentoring and professional development component as well as ongoing coaching by colleagues and MFR team members.
The students chosen as an Undergraduate Associate Consultant Intern (UACI) are typically students between their third and fourth year of college/university. They have strong academic backgrounds, analytical skills, highly motivated level, and outstanding interpersonal skills and are considering a career in management consulting. We accept all majors in our Internship program. You will work as a member of project teams in roles that vary by the team’s and projects objective. UACI’s are typically responsible for data gathering and analysis, interviewing the client’s customers, competitors, and suppliers, writing reports and presenting the findings to team members.
The Graduate Student Consultant (GSC) is a graduate student between their first and second year of business school. You’ll perform a full range of functions-field interviews, data analysis, solution brainstorming, presentation crafting and delivery-on case assignments that range from business unit strategy to marketing, and IT. You will work directly with the MFR teams and clients to solve business problems and create make a lasting impact.
The consulting work requires strong problem solving and customer, competitor, market and channel analytical skills. This includes strong project management and relationship building skills and the ability to interact effectively with our clients is critical.
- Analyzing, designing and implementing business process improvement strategies for our clients and developing an array of solutions to improve business performance, which may include process redesign, the introduction or enhancement of information technology, and developing process manuals or training materials.
- Assisting in the research, writing, and editing of reports and other materials.
- Management Consultant Internship
- Helping with obtaining background information for projects through research, focus groups and interviews.
- Interns may also work as part of the MFR in-house consulting team to analyze and advise MFR on market positioning and on increasing our competitiveness in the Philadelphia / National/ Global market.
- Student must be pursuing or completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- 0 to 2 years of work experience. Minimum of one year of courses involving the principles of Marketing, Business Management, Communications.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to grasp new concepts quickly, a willingness to learn.
- Must have a moderate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be able to handle pressure without letting it detract from the quality of your work.
- Attention to detail, customer-service driven, and creativity are a must as well as the ability to work in a team.
- Information technology project experience including requirements gathering, business analysis, quality assurance, and workflow tools and practices are not necessary but helpful.