MFR Consultants internships provide you with the opportunity to experience and actively participate in the real world of consulting.
The Undergraduate Associate Consultant Internship (UACI) program for college/university students provides a structured introduction to MFR’s analytical tools and applications. There is a strong mentoring and professional development component as well as ongoing coaching by colleagues and MFR team members.
The students chosen for our firm’s Undergraduate Associate Consultant Intern (UACI) are typically students between their third and fourth year of college/university. They have strong academic backgrounds, analytical skills, high motivation, and outstanding interpersonal skills and are considering a career in management consulting.. We accept all majors in our Internship program.
You will be staffed on actual projects, and work as a member of project teams in roles that vary by the team’s and project’s objective. UACI’s are typically responsible for data gathering and analysis, interviewing the client’s employees, customers, competitors, and suppliers, writing reports and presenting the findings to team members.
As an Intern with our firm, you’ll have the opportunity to work on projects that involve internal and client-focused process optimization and digital transformation.
The consulting work requires strong problem-solving and customer, competitor, market and channel analytical skills. This includes strong project management and relationship building skills and the ability to interact effectively with our clients.
Responsibilities may include:
- Analyzing, designing and implementing business process improvement strategies for our clients and developing an array of solutions to improve business performance issues.
- Assisting in the research, development and implementation of strategic marketing concepts for our clients.
- Assisting in the research, writing, and editing of reports and other materials.
- Helping with obtaining background information for projects through research, focus groups and interviews.
- Defining and gathering user requirements for selected IT projects.
- Working as part of the MFR in-house operations team to analyze and advise MFR on market positioning. branding, and communications strategies
- Student must be pursuing or have recently completed a Bachelor’s degree.
- 0-2 years of work experience
- Minimum of one year of relevant coursework (for example, Business Management, Communications, Marketing, Data Analysis)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; fluent in English.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp new concepts quickly, a willingness to learn and build your “consulting toolkit”
- Moderate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and be able to handle pressure without letting it detract from the quality of your work.
- Attention to detail, customer-service orientation, ability to generate creative and innovative solutions and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.